OF YOUR SUCCESS
TAKE OWNERSHIP OF YOUR SUCCESS is an invigorating and interactive presentation that aims to empower students to take charge of their own success. Students will be inspired to explore the power of a positive mindset, set meaningful goals for themselves, and challenged to create a personalized success plan.
- Students will discover the power of a positive mindset.
- Students will learn how to set meaningful goals.
- Students will learn basics of creating a success plan.
Far too often leadership is thought to be a job for the "seasoned". However, I believe students can and should LEAD NOW. Student leadership is an invaluable asset. Leadership development can help students develop critical skills, make a difference on campus, and gain lifelong confidence.
- Students will learn the foundations of servant leadership.
- Students will develop self-awareness and personal accountability.
- Students will be equipped to become effective and responsible leaders.
OF YOUR SUCCESS
The TAKE OWNERSHIP OF YOUR SUCCESS PROGRAM is composed of 4 Units and is 22 weeks long. Weekly group meetings also known as Student Empowerment Sessions are designed to help students think critically, develop leadership skills, and ultimately take ownership of their success. Students will be assessed via written and/or verbal assessment at the beginning of each unit and reassessed at the end of each of unit. We will communicate with school staff regularly to monitor student progress and gather data.
Weekly lessons plans are 30 to 60 minutes in length and will cover the following four units:
- Mindset Development
- Gift Discovery
- Goal Setting
- Success Planning
Our SEL emphasis aligns with CASEL'S SEL Framework and will help students to:
- Develop Healthy Identities
- Become More Self Aware
- Manage and Express Emotions
- Set and Work Towards Achieving Goals
- Show Empathy for Others
- Establish Healthy Relationships with Others
- and Make Responsible Decisions
Groups can meet during lunch periods, advisory periods, special periods, after school or at a time deemed most convenient for the school/organization.